Risk Management and Quality Improvement
HRSA is committed to a comprehensive approach to quality improvement/quality assurance that includes risk management. Risk Management policies are an integral part of a wide scale quality improvement program. To support health centers and free clinics HRSA has provided online risk management educational programs and resources. These resources address your top risk management issues, such as:
- Communication—including test results reporting and tracking, e-mail, physician-to-physician communication, and patient education
- Special patient concerns—newborns, minors, elderly, and pregnant patients
- Obstetrical risk management
In this program you have access to Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses, electronic newsletters, and web-based resources to help reduce risk in health centers and free clinics. To access these resources, see more information to obtain a password and an overview of the Clinical Risk Management Services on the ECRI Institute website.
Clinical Risk Management Program Components
Key features of the risk management website include:
- Dozens of sample policies, procedures, forms, and other tools
- Comprehensive toolkits, including a sample risk management plan and an event reporting toolkit
- Audio-conferences and webinars to supplement evidence-driven risk management training
- Guidance articles, self-assessment tools, and ready-made training materials on patient safety, quality, and risk management for the health center and free clinic settings
- Risk & Safety E-News sent via e-mail every other week
Clinical Risk Management Program
Access ECRI Institute's Clinical Risk Management Services to address your top risk management issues.