Budget Period Progress Report (BPR) Noncompeting Continuation
Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 BPR Grantee Technical Assistance
FY 2015 BPR Submission Schedule
|Budget Period Start Date||EHB Access||Deadline|
(5:00 PM ET)
|November 1, 2014||July 10, 2014||August 13, 2014|
|December 1, 2014||July 16, 2014||August 27, 2014|
|January 1, 2015||August 6, 2014||September 17, 2014|
|February 1, 2015||September 3, 2014||October 15, 2014|
|March 1, 2015||October 8, 2014||November 19, 2014|
|April 1, 2015||October 29, 2014||December 17, 2014|
|May 1, 2015||December 3, 2014||January 28, 2015|
|June 1, 2015||January 7, 2015||February 18, 2015|
About the Budget Period Progress Report (BPR)
The Budget Period Progress Report (BPR) non-competing continuation provides an update on the progress of Health Center Program grantees who do not have a project period end date in FY 2015 (October 1, 2014 – September 30, 2015). The BPR will provide funding for FY 2015 (budget periods starting November 1, 2014 – June 1, 2015).
BPR EHB Application Form
- Streamlined: The BPR was streamlined in FY 2014 as part of the updated BPHC program oversight plan, which included the introduction of the 3-year project period. The BPR provides an annual progress report on a health center’s performance as well as a status update on any recent supplemental funding.
- Forms and Attachments: The BPR collects a limited number of forms and the Budget Justification is the only required attachment.
- Program Narrative: The Program Narrative Update is provided directly in EHB.
- Budget Presentation: The budget request for the upcoming budget period must be presented using federal and non-federal categories.
Changes in the FY 2015 BPR
- The Patient Capacity table in the Program Narrative Update section includes three new columns of pre-populated information to facilitate progress reporting: % Change 2011-2013 Trend; % Change 2011-2013; and % Progress Toward Goal. Additionally, the grantee’s project period was added to the table to provide a reference point for the progress narrative.
- The Supplemental Awards table in the Program Narrative Update section has been updated to reflect the most current list of supplemental awards for grantees and includes a new Numeric Progress Toward Goal column.
- The Performance Measures table in the Program Narrative Update section includes three new measures (Tobacco Use Screening and Cessation, Newly Identified HIV Cases with Timely Follow Up, and Depression Screening and Follow Up). For details, refer to PAL 2014-01. Additionally, the Behavioral Health measure included in the “Other Measures” category is no longer required.
- A Scope Verification summary page has been added requesting scope of project certifications for Form 5A: Services and Form 5B: Services Sites. Due to the Scope Alignment Verification process, grantees should refresh these forms after July 24, 2014 to ensure that the most current scope information is populated in the BPR.
- The Budget Information: Budget Details form has been modified to capture federal and non-federal funding in the Object Class Categories section.
- The Federal Object Class Categories form has been removed.
How to Apply
Grantees will receive an email notification from the HRSA Electronic Handbook (EHB) when the BPR is available for grantee input/submission. This will occur approximately six weeks prior to the EHB deadline. See the table above for details.
Technical Assistance Resources
These Program Specific Forms will be completed in EHB:
HRSA Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Policy and Program Development
HRSA Division of Grants Management Operations
Office of Federal Assistance Management
EHB Application Assistance