Health Center Expanded Services Supplemental Funding Technical Assistance
HHS Releases FY 2015 Expanded Services Awards to Expand Primary Care Services news release (09/15/2015)
About Health Center Expanded Services Supplemental Funding
Expanded Services (ES) supplemental funds support increased access to preventive and primary health care services at existing Health Center Program grantee sites. HRSA expects to award approximately $350 million through formula-based supplements in Fiscal Year (FY) 2015. All eligible grantees will be notified of the maximum amount of ES funding they may request. The ES application will be available in the HRSA Electronic Handbook (EHB) on June 26, 2015.
Applications for Expanded Services funding are due by 5:00 PM ET on July 20, 2015.
Expanded Services Program Requirements
Health Center Program grantees requesting Expanded Services funds must demonstrate how these funds will be used to expand the provision of comprehensive primary care services to underserved populations in their service areas.
- Applicants must propose to use at least 80 percent of the Expanded Services funding to increase capacity to provide one or more of the following eligible services:
- Medical services;
- Oral health services;
- Behavioral health services;
- Pharmacy services; and/or
- Vision services.
- Applicants may propose to use no more than 20 percent of the Expanded Services funding to increase the availability of new and/or existing enabling services.
Plans to increase access to primary health care services for underserved populations through the Expanded Services opportunity may include:
- Expanded service hours;
- Increased numbers of staff/providers;
- Increased availability of eligible services; and/or
- Enhanced enabling services.
Organizations that received initial Health Center Program grant funding as a new start/new grantee in FY 2015 via a New Access Point, Service Area Competition, or Service Area Competition – Additional Area grant award are not eligible for this supplemental funding. All other organizations receiving Health Center Program operational funds are eligible to apply.
Technical Assistance Resources
- FY 2015 Expanded Services (ES) Technical Assistance Webinar Recording | Presentation (PDF - 563 KB) |
June 30, 2015
- ES Application User Guide (PDF - 2 MB)
- Sample ES Budget Justification (PDF - 154 KB)
- Scope of Project Resources and Information (including details on Form 5A)
- Uniform Data System (UDS) Resources
- HHS Grants Policy Statement (PDF - 2 MB)
Sample Expanded Services Application Forms
The Expanded Services application is completed in EHB. Applicants will enter required information directly into the EHB application forms. The blank forms included below are for demonstration and applicant planning purposes only.
- SF-424 Budget Information Form (PDF - 84 KB)
- Federal Budget Information Table (PDF - 741 KB)
- Federal Object Class Categories Form (PDF - 107 KB)
- Staffing Impact Form (PDF - 110 KB)
- Patient Impact Form (PDF - 93 KB)
- Project Narrative (PDF - 103 KB)
- Summary Form (PDF - 142 KB)
- Equipment List (required only as applicable) (PDF - 91 KB)
This supplemental funding opportunity is authorized under section 330 of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act, as amended and supported by section 10503 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P.L. 111-148), as amended by the Healthcare and Education Reconciliation Act (P.L. 111-152), collectively referred to as the Affordable Care Act.
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in some of the file attachments. If you need assistance, please contact Sarah Costin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Policy and Program Development
Office of Federal Assistance Management
Division of Grants Management Operations
EHB Application Assistance
Submit Web Request Form | 877-974-2742
HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHB) Registration and Help
Health Center Program Strategic Partnerships (PCAs, NCAs, and PCOs)
Sign up to receive the weekly Health Center Program Health Care Digest
Track Your Grant Application
HRSA Scoring Rubric (PDF)