Health Center Controlled Networks Technical Assistance
Post award technical assistance webinar for HCCN award recipients
Date: August 4, 2016
Time: 3 p.m. EDT
Call-in: 800-779-5244; participant passcode: 1883639
About the FY 2016 Health Center Controlled Networks
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 Health Center Controlled Networks funding opportunity supports health centers in achieving meaningful use of ONC-certified electronic health records (EHRs), adopting technology-enabled quality improvement strategies, and engaging in health information exchange (HIE) to strengthen the quality of care and improve patient health outcomes. This funding opportunity is authorized by section 330(e) of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act, as amended (42 U.S.C. 254b, as amended).
- Award recipients will respond to health centers’ individual health IT needs by leveraging:
- Economies of scale, such as group purchasing power and shared resources, staff, infrastructure, and training;
- Data and analytic expertise that supports quality measurement and improvement; and
- Diverse experiences, including knowledge of multiple health IT products and vendors, and the ability to pool and apply lessons learned across providers.
- Award recipients will help health centers achieve meaningful use of EHRs as defined by the CMS EHR Incentive Programs.
- Applications must propose at least two activities to achieve each of the following required goals.
Core Objective A: Health IT Implementation and Meaningful Use
Goal A1: Increase the percentage of Participating Health Centers with an ONC-certified EHR system in use.
Goal A2: Increase the percentage of Meaningful Use eligible providers at Participating Health Centers receiving incentive payments from CMS for meeting Meaningful Use requirements.
Core Objective B: Data Quality and Reporting
Goal B1: Increase the percentage of Participating Health Centers that electronically extract data from an EHR to report all UDS Clinical Quality Measure data on all of their patients.
Goal B2: Increase the percentage of Participating Health Centers generating quality improvement reports at the site and clinical team levels.
Goal B3: Increase the percentage of Participating Health Centers that integrate data from different service types and/or providers (e.g., behavioral health, oral health).
Core Objective C: Health Information Exchange (HIE) and Population Health Management
Goal C1: Increase the percentage of Participating Health Centers that improve care coordination through health information exchange with unaffiliated providers or entities.
Goal C2: Increase the percentage of Participating Health Centers using health information exchange to support population health management.
Core Objective D: Quality Improvement
Goal D1: Increase the percentage of Participating Health Centers that meet or exceed Healthy People 2020 goals on at least five selected UDS Clinical Quality Measures.
Goal D2: Increase the percentage of Participating Health Centers that improved the value, efficiency, and/or effectiveness of health center services.
Goal D3: Increase the percentage of Participating Health Center sites that have current PCMH recognition.
- Certified Health IT Product List
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Records Incentive Programs
- Healthy People 2020 Goals
- HHS Grants Policy Statement (PDF - 2 MB)
- HRSA Patient-Centered Medical/Health Home (PCMHH) Initiative
- HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide
- HRSA Scoring Rubric
- National Association of Community Health Centers Health Information Technologies
- ONC Health Information Exchange
- Federal Health IT Strategy 2015-2020
- Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar Recording
- Applicant Technical Assistance Presentation Slides (PDF - 804 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 261 KB) Updated January 22, 2016
- HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHB) User Guide (PDF 1.5 MB)
- Budget Justification Narrative
- Project Work Plan
- Staffing Plan
HRSA, Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Program and Policy Development
301-594-4300 | firstname.lastname@example.org
HRSA, Office of Federal Assistance Management
Division of Grants Management Operations
301-443-7742 | email@example.com
EHB Application Assistance
877-974-2742 | BPHC Helpline Web Form
Provide feedback BPHCFOAFeedback@hrsa.gov
Health Center Program Support Networks (PCAs, NCAs, and PCOs)