Updated June 25, 2020, to include FY 2020 Progress Reporting resources
Fiscal year (FY) 2020 Coronavirus Supplemental Funding for Health Centers (COVID-19) provides one-time funding to support health centers in preventing, preparing for, and responding to coronavirus disease 2019.
HRSA provided $100,000,000 to Health Center Program award recipients. Each COVID-19 supplement was calculated using the following formula:
- Base value of $50,464, plus
- $0.50 per patient reported in the 2018 Uniform Data System (UDS), plus
- $2.50 per uninsured patient reported in the 2018 UDS.
FY 2020 Progress Reporting
Recipients of FY 2020 coronavirus-related supplemental awards for health centers are required to submit quarterly progress reports. These reports have different reporting periods and due dates. This information is specified for the COVID-19 award (activity code: H8C) below:
|Report||Reporting Period||Available in EHBs||Due Date|
|1||March 15 - June 30, 2020||July 1, 2020||July 10, 2020|
|2||July 1 - September 30, 2020||October 1, 2020||October 12, 2020|
|3||October 1 - December 31, 2020||January 1, 2021||January 13, 2021|
|4||January 1 - March 31, 2021||April 1, 2021||April 14, 2021|
|5||April 1 - June 30, 2021||July 1, 2021||July 14, 2021|
- COVID-19 Progress Report Template
- Coronavirus Supplemental Funding Reporting Category Guide
- COVID-19 Minor Alteration/Renovation Requirement
Reporting Requirements Submission Components
- Reporting Requirement Guidance (PDF - 215 KB)
- Activity overview
- SF424-A Budget Form (PDF - 131 KB)
- Budget narrative
- Budget Narrative with Personnel Justification Table Example (PDF - 176 KB)
- Equipment List Form (PDF - 137 KB) (if applicable)
Scope Adjustments and Changes in Scope
COVID-19 funding must be used for in-scope services and sites. You must receive any necessary Scope Adjustment and Change in Scope approvals before implementing a new service, service delivery method, or site in support of your COVID-19 project. See the Scope of Project webpage and contact the project officer listed on your notice of award for guidance.
- COVID-19 Health Center Program FAQs
- Coronavirus-Related Funding FAQs
- Instructions to add your H8C grant folder to your HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHBs) portfolio
Question and Answer Sessions for Applicants
HRSA hosted three, pre-award sessions to help you develop your COVID-19 activities, budget, and budget narrative to respond to the COVID-19 Response Reporting Requirement.
Email the Project Officer stated on your notice of award.
Email the Grants Management Specialist stated on your notice of award.
EHBs Health Center Program Support
Complete the BPHC Contact Form.
- Choose the Requester Type (i.e., Applicant)
- Choose the type of question – click on Health Center
- Choose the BPHC Category – click on COVID-19
- Choose the BPHC Sub-category – click on COVID-19 Supplemental Funding- Systems questions
Or, you may contact Health Center Program Support Telephone: 877-464-4772 (select option 1) or Monday through Friday from 8 AM - 8 PM ET (except federal holidays).