The fiscal year (FY) 2019 Oral Health Infrastructure (OHI) supplemental funding opportunity will support one-time physical and organizational infrastructure investments to provide new or enhance existing high quality, integrated oral health services in health centers. Examples of infrastructure investments include:
- Minor alteration and renovation (A/R)
- Equipment purchases
- Training and consultation
- Health information technology (IT)
- Infrastructure investments that improve access, including telehealth and virtual dentistry
HRSA anticipates awarding approximately $76 million to support an estimated 250 OHI awards. Applicants may apply for up to $300,000.
Who Can Apply
Applicants must be existing Health Center Program award recipients currently receiving operational funding under section 330(e), (g), (h), and/or (i) of the Public Health Service Act.
How to Apply
OHI applications must be submitted via Grants.gov and the HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHBs). To access the OHI application, click on the Grants.gov link below and search for opportunity number HRSA-19-079.
Phase 1 - Grants.gov: must be completed and successfully submitted via Grants.gov by April 22, 2019 (11:59 p.m. ET).
Phase 2 - HRSA EHBs: must be completed and successfully submitted by May 21, 2019 (5 p.m. ET).
Technical Assistance Resources
- Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar Presentation Slides (PDF - 1 MB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 229 KB)
- EHBs OHI Applicant User Guide (PDF - 1 MB)
- Scope of Project Resources and Information website includes details on Form 5A and Form 5B
- BPHC’s Oral Health and Primary Care Integration website includes resources on improving oral health and primary care integration in health center
The following templates and samples are for planning purposes only. Applicants must enter required information directly into the EHBs forms and upload attachments as instructed in the NOFO.
- SF-424A Budget Information Form (PDF - 266 KB)
- SF-424A Video for OHI (YouTube)
- Budget Narrative (PDF - 251 KB)
- Form 1B: BPHC Funding Request Summary (PDF - 229 KB)
- Form 5B: Service Sites (PDF - 164 KB) (Required for addition of new sites)
- Equipment List Form (PDF - 166 KB) (If applicable)
- Supplemental Information Form (PDF - 203 KB)
Alteration/Renovation (A/R) Information
- A/R Project Cover Page (PDF - 149 KB)
- Minor A/R Project Budget Justification Sample (PDF - 170 KB)
- Environmental Information and Documentation (EID) Checklist (PDF - 592 KB)
- Other Requirements for Sites Form (PDF - 128 KB)
- Landlord Letter of Consent Sample (PDF - 61 KB) (Required for minor A/R projects at leased facilities)
- Leasehold Improvements Documentation (PDF - 133 KB), as applicable
OHI NOFO Information
Oral Health Technical Assistance Web Form
HRSA Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Policy and Program Development