Health Center Program New Access Points (HRSA-17-009) Technical Assistance
New Access Points Funding Opportunity Announcement (PDF - 665 KB)
The application deadline for New Access Points has passed. Awards will be announced on or around January 1, 2017.
The purpose of the Health Center Program New Access Point (NAP) funding opportunity is to improve the health of the Nation’s underserved communities and vulnerable populations by increasing access to comprehensive, culturally competent, quality primary health care services. NAP funding provides operational support for new primary health care service delivery sites (i.e., new access points). A new access point is a new service delivery site for the provision of comprehensive health care services. Applicants must propose at least one full-time, permanent new access point site that has primary medical care as its main purpose.
Subject to the availability of appropriated funds, HRSA anticipates awarding approximately $50 million to support an estimated 75 New Access Point awards in Fiscal Year 2017. The maximum annual funding that can be requested in a NAP application is $650,000.
Who Can Apply?
Organizations eligible to compete for NAP funds include public or nonprofit private entities, including tribal, faith-based, and community-based organizations. Applications may be submitted from new organizations or from existing award recipients to expand their network of service delivery sites to serve new underserved populations. See Section III in the NAP funding opportunity announcement for the full list of eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
NAP applications must be submitted via Grants.gov and the HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHB). To download the Application Package, click on the Grants.gov link below and search on the announcement number (HRSA-17-009).
Phase 1 - Grants.gov: must be completed and successfully submitted via Grants.gov by 11:59 pm ET on June 17, 2016.
- See the funding opportunity announcement and the HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide for instructions on how to submit in Grants.gov.
Phase 2 - HRSA EHB: must be completed and successfully submitted by 5:00 pm ET on July 15, 2016.
- See the funding opportunity announcement and the EHB NAP Applicant User Guide (PDF - 5.8 MB) for instructions on how to submit in EHB.
Technical Assistance Resources
- NAP Applicant Technical Assistance
On-demand Webinar | Presentation (PDF - 1.37 MB)
Note: The audio and video in this webinar do not align. We are working to correct the problem.
- NAP Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 350 KB)
- NAP Program Specific Forms Webinar
- EHB NAP Applicant User Guide (PDF - 5.8 MB)
- Health Center Program Requirements Resources (PDF - 80 KB)
- Data Resource Guide for Need for Assistance Worksheet (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Sample Extrapolation Spreadsheets (XLS - 105 KB)
Sample Application Components
The following samples and templates are for planning purposes only. Applicants must upload attachments and enter information into EHB as instructed in the funding opportunity announcement.
- Sample Budget Templates
- Attachment 1: Instructions for Service Area Map and Table (PDF - 1.6 MB)
- Attachment 2: Implementation Plan Template (PDF - 148 KB)
Program Specific Forms
- Form 1A: General Information Worksheet (PDF - 329KB)
- Form 1B: BPHC Funding Request Summary (PDF - 500 KB)
- Form 1C: Documents on File (PDF - 294 KB)
- Form 2: Staffing Profile (PDF - 296 KB)
- Form 3: Income Analysis (PDF - 261 KB)
- Form 4: Community Characteristics (PDF - 208 KB)
- Form 5A: Services Provided (PDF - 338 KB)
- Form 5B: Service Sites (PDF - 276 KB)
- Form 5C: Other Activities/Locations (PDF - 294 KB)
- Form 6A: Current Board Member Characteristics (PDF - 188 KB)
- Form 6B: Request for Waiver of Board Member Requirement (PDF - 201 KB)
- Form 8: Health Center Agreements (PDF - 202 KB)
- Form 9: Need for Assistance Worksheet (PDF - 174 KB)
- Form 10: Emergency Preparedness Report (PDF - 139 KB)
- Form 12: Organization Contacts (PDF - 201 KB)
- Summary Page (PDF - 335 KB)
- NAP Applicant Technical Assistance
On-demand Webinar | Presentation (PDF - 1.7 MB)
- List of NAP Performance Measures (PDF - 151 KB)
- Clinical Performance Measure Form Field Guide and Sample (PDF - 141 KB)
- Performance Measure Fillable Form (PDF - 597 KB)
For more information on performance measures, see:
- Health Center Program's Clinical and Financial Performance Measures for descriptions of performance measures
- Health Center Data for information on the Uniform Data System (UDS), the reporting system for Health Center Program performance measures and patient data
- UDS Resources for presentations on UDS reporting
- 2017 UDS Manual (PDF - 9.2 MB) for definitions and UDS reporting details
- Healthy People 2020 (PDF - 205 KB) for a table outlining the Healthy People 2020 objectives related to Health Center Program performance measures
Program Specific Information on One-Time Funding
- Equipment List (PDF - 231 KB)
- Alteration/Renovation Project Cover Page (PDF - 233 KB)
- Other Requirements for Sites (PDF - 316 KB)
- Environmental Information and Documentation (EID) (PDF - 435 KB)
- Landlord Letter of Consent Sample (PDF - 172 KB)
- One-Time Funding A/R Sample Budget Justification (PDF - 221 KB)
Be sure to provide complete and consistent information to all three systems. If there is a problem anywhere in the process, your registration can take four weeks or longer.
Before you do anything else, make sure you Register & Get Ready
NAP Response Team
HRSA Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Policy and Program Development
301-594-4300 | BPHCNAP@hrsa.gov
HRSA Division of Grants Management Operations
Office of Federal Assistance Management
301-443-8217 | email@example.com
EHB Application Assistance
877-974-2742 ext. 3 | BPHC Helpline Web Form
EHB Access Assistance
HRSA Contact Center
1-877-464-4772 | CallCenter@hrsa.gov
Health Center Program Support Networks (PCAs, NCAs, and PCOs)
HRSA Scoring Rubric (PDF - 198 KB)