Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act (NHHCIA) (5-H1C-19-001)
Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Native Hawaiian Technical Assistance
Native Hawaiian Technical Assistance Webinar
TA Presentation Slides (PDF - 610 KB)
Non-Competing Continuation Instructions (PDF - 532 KB)
Apply in EHB by 5 p.m., ET (12:00 p.m. HAST) on Monday, April 1, 2019
Purpose of the Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act
The Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act (NHHCIA), as amended (42 U.S.C. 11701 and 11714), is a Congressional Special Initiative with the purpose of improving the provision of comprehensive disease prevention, health promotion, and primary care services to Native Hawaiians.
The NHHCIA authorizes funding opportunities for the following activities:
- Service grant to Papa Ola Lokahi (POL) for the activities described in the NHHCIA, including the coordination of the health care programs and services provided to Native Hawaiians.
- Service grants to the five recognized community-based Native Hawaiian Health Care Systems (NHHCS) to provide a full range of services identified by the legislation and tailored to fit the needs of their respective island communities.
Non-Competing Continuation Eligible Organizations
Submissions must be provided from currently funded NHHCS and POL. See the Instructions for a listing of each organization and its funding level.
Forms and Sample Documents
- FY 2018 Project Work Plan Progress Report Sample (PDF - 199 KB)
- FY 2019 Project Work Plan Update Sample (PDF - 253 KB)
- Service Projections Update Sample (PDF - 164 KB)
- Clinical Performance Measures, Required and Optional Sample (PDF - 443 KB)
- Financial Performance Measures, Required and Optional Sample (PDF - 212 KB)
- Income Analysis Form (PDF - 295 KB)
POL and NHHCS
- Budget Narrative Sample (PDF - 374 KB)
Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Policy and Program Development
email@example.com | 301-594-4300
Office of Federal Assistance Management
Division of Grants Management Operations
firstname.lastname@example.org | 301-443-7742
EHBs Health Center Program Support
Health Center Program Support Telephone: 877-464-4772
8:30 am to 5:30 pm ET, Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays)
Web Request Form