FY 2019 Service Area Competition (SAC) Technical Assistance
SAC Technical Assistance
The Service Area Announcement Table (SAAT) lists all service areas announced for competition through the SAC NOFO and includes the:
- Total funding available for each service area and the target population(s) served
- Service area zip codes and the percentage of patients served within each
- Patient target for each service area (see the Patient Target FAQs)
SAC Applicant Question & Answer Session – A live question and answer session will be held for all applicants (details are below). Applicants should view the applicable pre-recorded Technical Assistance webinar prior to the live session.
- Date and Time: Thursday, June 21 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Phone Number: 888-329-8895 Passcode 120323
- Adobe Connect URL: https://hrsaseminar.adobeconnect.com/sac_competing_continuation/
- Competing Continuation Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar (Pre-Recorded)
- New and Competing Supplement Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar (Pre-Recorded)
Patient Target Technical Assistance
SAC Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Release and Application Schedule
|Current Project Period End Date||NOFO Number||Expected NOFO Release||Grants.gov Deadline (11:59 PM ET)||HRSA EHB Deadline (5:00 PM ET)|
|December 31, 2018||HRSA-19-010||June 7, 2018||August 6, 2018||August 21, 2018|
|January 31, 2019||HRSA-19-012||June 14, 2018||August 15, 2018||August 30, 2018|
|February 28, 2019||HRSA-19-013||June 20, 2018||August 20, 2018||September 18, 2018|
|March 31, 2019||HRSA-19-014||July 17, 2018||September 17, 2018||October 17, 2018|
|April 30, 2019||HRSA-19-015||August 7, 2018||October 9, 2018||November 7, 2018|
|May 31, 2019||HRSA-19-016||September 6, 2018||November 6, 2018||December 11, 2018|
The SAC funding opportunity ensures continued access to affordable, quality primary health care services for communities and vulnerable populations currently served by the Health Center Program. A SAC application is a request for federal financial assistance to continue support of an area listed in the Service Area Announcement Table (SAAT) that is served by a Health Center Program award recipient whose project period is ending in FY 2019.
Who Can Apply
Organizations eligible to compete for SAC funds include domestic public or nonprofit private entities, such as tribal, faith-based, or community-based organizations, that propose to serve an announced service area and its associated population(s) to ensure continued accessible and affordable quality primary health care services. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements listed in Section III of the NOFO.
How to Apply
SAC applications require a two-phase submission process. In FY19 applicants must provide an original, signed notarized letter stating that the applicant is the authorized Entity Administrator before registration will be activated by SAM.gov. Please read these FAQs to learn more about this process change. Plan for additional time associated with submission and review of the notarized letter. Entities already registered in SAM.gov are advised to log into SAM.gov and review their registration information, particularly their financial information.
Phase 1 - Grants.gov: must be completed and successfully submitted to Grants.gov by 11:59 pm ET on the date noted in the NOFO.
- Refer to the Service Area Announcement Table to obtain the correct NOFO number (HRSA-19-XXX) for the service area that you will apply to serve.
- Go to Grants.gov and search for the correct NOFO number (HRSA-19-XXX) to download the application instructions (NOFO) and access the application.
- See the NOFO and the HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide for instructions on how to submit in Grants.gov.
Phase 2 - HRSA EHB: must be completed and successfully submitted by 5:00 pm ET on the date noted in the NOFO.
- See the NOFO and the HRSA SAC Applicant EHB User Guide for instructions on how to submit in HRSA EHB.
Technical Assistance Resources
- SAC Applicant Technical Assistance Webinars:
- SAC Applicant Technical Assistance Question & Answer Recording
- FY 2019 Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide (PDF - 518 KB)
- FY 2019 SAC Applicant EHB User Guide (PDF - 6.7 MB)
- Health Center Program Requirements and Resources
- How to Read Your NoA: Project Period End Date (PDF - 165 KB)
- Patient and Budget Calculator
- Applicant Completeness and Eligibility Checklist (PDF - 125 KB)
Program Specific Attachments and Forms
- Table of EHB SAC Application Attachments (PDF - 200 KB)
- Attachment 1: Service Area Map and Table
- Attachment 12: Operational Plan Sample (PDF - 186 KB)
- Budget Presentation
- Form 1A: General Information Worksheet (PDF - 243 KB)
- Form 1C: Documents on File (PDF - 184 KB)
- Form 2: Staffing Profile (PDF - 359 KB)
- Form 3: Income Analysis (PDF - 174 KB)
- Form 4: Community Characteristics (PDF - 97 KB)
- Form 5A: Services Provided (PDF - 549 KB)
- Form 5B: Service Sites (PDF - 171 KB)
- Form 5C: Other Activities/Locations (PDF - 363 KB)
- Form 6A: Current Board Member Characteristics (PDF - 233 KB)
- Form 6B: Request for Waiver of Governance Requirements (PDF - 370 KB)
- Form 8: Health Center Agreements (PDF - 309 KB)
- Form 10: Emergency Preparedness Report (PDF - 131 KB)
- Form 12: Organization Contacts (PDF - 153 KB)
- Summary Page (PDF - 273 KB)
- Performance Measure Crosswalk (PDF - 526 KB)
- Clinical Performance Measure Form Field Guide and Sample (PDF - 487 KB)
- Health Center Data and Reporting for information on the UDS, the reporting system for Health Center Program performance measures and patient data
- UDS Resources for presentations on UDS reporting
- 2017 UDS Manual (PDF - 9.2 MB) for definitions and UDS reporting details
- Healthy People 2020/Health Center Program Measures (PDF - 107 KB)
Date Last Reviewed: June 2018
Be sure to provide complete and consistent information to all three systems. If there is a problem anywhere in the process, your registration can take four weeks or longer.
Before you do anything else, make sure you Register & Get Ready
SAC NOFO Information
SAC Response Team
HRSA, Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Program and Policy Development
301-594-4300 | SAC Technical Assistance web form
HRSA, Office of Federal Assistance Management
Division of Grants Management Operations
301-594-4245 | firstname.lastname@example.org
HRSA EHB Application Assistance
877-974-2742 ext: 3 | BPHC Helpline web form
HRSA EHB Account Access Assistance
HRSA Contact Center
877-464-4772 | CallCenter@hrsa.gov
HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHB) Registration and Help
Health Center Program Strategic Partnerships (PCAs and NCAs)
Sign up to receive the weekly Health Center Program Primary Health Care Digest
Track Your Grant Application
HRSA Scoring Rubric (PDF - 136 KB)