FY 2018 Service Area Competition (SAC) Technical Assistance
The Service Area Announcement Table (SAAT) lists all service areas announced for competition through the SAC NOFO and includes the:
- Total funding available for each service area and the target population(s) served
- Service area zip codes and the percentage of patients that reside within each
- Patient target for each service area (see the Patient Target FAQs)
SAC Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar
SAC Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Release and Application Schedule
|Project Period End Date||HRSA Announcement Number||NOFO Release||Grants.gov Deadline (11:59 PM ET)||HRSA EHB Deadline (5:00 PM ET)|
|December 31, 2017||HRSA-18-021||July 7, 2017||August 21, 2017||September 6, 2017|
|January 31, 2018||HRSA-18-023||July 11, 2017||September 11, 2017||September 26, 2017|
|February 28, 2018||HRSA-18-024||July 21, 2017||September 19, 2017||October 4, 2017|
|March 31, 2018||HRSA-18-025||August 8, 2017||October 10, 2017||October 25, 2017|
SAC NOFO Anticipated Future Release and Application Schedule
|Project Period End Date||HRSA Announcement Number||Expected NOFO Release||Grants.gov Deadline (11:59 PM ET)||HRSA EHB Deadline (5:00 PM ET)|
|April 30, 2018||HRSA-18-026||September 6, 2017||November 6, 2017||November 28, 2017|
|May 31, 2018||HRSA-18-027||September 26, 2017||November 28, 2017||December 13, 2017|
The SAC funding opportunity ensures that accessible and affordable quality primary health care services continue in high need geographic areas currently served by the Health Center Program. A SAC application is a request for federal financial assistance to continue support of an area listed in the Service Area Announcement Table (SAAT) that is served by a Health Center Program award recipient whose current project period is ending in FY 2018.
Who Can Apply
Organizations eligible to compete for SAC funds include public or nonprofit private entities, such as tribal, faith-based, or community-based organizations, that propose to serve an announced service area and its associated population(s) to ensure continued accessible and affordable quality primary health care services. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements listed in Section III of the NOFO.
How to Apply
SAC applications require a two-phase submission process. To download the Application Package, click on the Grants.gov link below and search for the NOFO number (e.g., HRSA-18-XXX). Refer to the Service Area Announcement Table to obtain the applicable NOFO number.
Phase 1 - Grants.gov: must be completed and successfully submitted to Grants.gov by 11:59 pm ET on the date noted in the NOFO.
- Refer to the Service Area Announcement Table to obtain the correct NOFO number (HRSA-18-XXX) for the service area that you will apply to serve.
- Go to Grants.gov and search for the correct NOFO number (HRSA-18-XXX) to download the application instructions (NOFO) and application package.
- See the NOFO and the HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide for instructions on how to submit in Grants.gov.
Phase 2 - HRSA EHB: must be completed and successfully submitted by 5:00 pm ET on the date noted in the NOFO.
- See the NOFO and the HRSA EHB SAC Applicant User Guide for instructions on how to submit in HRSA EHB.
Technical Assistance Resources
- Applicant Completeness and Eligibility Checklist (PDF - 88 KB)
- FY 2018 Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF - 180 KB)
- HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide (PDF - 518 KB)
- FY 2018 SAC Applicant EHB User Guide (PDF - 8.16 MB)
- FY 2018 SAC Applicant Technical Assistance Presentation (PDF - 758 KB)
- How to Read Your NOFO: Project Period End Date (PDF - 165 KB)
- Health Center Program Requirements and Resources (PDF - 125 KB)
- Patient and Budget Calculator
- Patient Target Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF - 130 KB)
Program Specific Attachments and Forms
- Table of EHB SAC Application Attachments (PDF - 375 KB)
- Attachment 1: Service Area Map and Table
- Attachment 12: Implementation Plan Sample (PDF - 121 KB
- Budget Presentation
- Form 1A: General Information Worksheet (PDF - 243 KB)
- Form 2: Staffing Profile (PDF - 359 KB)
- Form 3: Income Analysis (PDF - 400 KB)
- Form 4: Community Characteristics (PDF - 97 KB)
- Form 5A: Services Provided (PDF - 549 KB)
- Form 5B: Service Sites (PDF - 171 KB)
- Form 5C: Other Activities/Locations (PDF - 363 KB)
- Form 6A: Current Board Member Characteristics (PDF - 233 KB)
- Form 6B: Request for Waiver of Governance Requirements (PDF - 370 KB)
- Form 8: Health Center Agreements (PDF - 309 KB)
- Form 10: Emergency Preparedness Report (PDF - 131 KB)
- Form 12: Organization Contacts (PDF - 153 KB)
- Summary Page (PDF - 273 KB)
- Performance Measure Crosswalk (PDF - 526 KB)
- Clinical Performance Measure Form Field Guide and Sample (PDF - 113 KB)
- Performance Measure Fillable Form (PDF - 155 KB)
- Health Center Data and Reporting for information on the UDS, the reporting system for Health Center Program performance measures and patient data
- UDS Resources for presentations on UDS reporting
- 2016 UDS Manual for definitions and UDS reporting details
- Healthy People 2020/Health Center Program Measures (PDF - 136 KB)
Health Center Program Funding Opportunities
Be sure to provide complete and consistent information to all three systems. If there is a problem anywhere in the process, your registration can take four weeks or longer.
Before you do anything else, make sure you Register & Get Ready
SAC NOFO Information
SAC Response Team
HRSA, Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Program and Policy Development
301-594-4300 | SAC Technical Assistance web form
HRSA, Office of Federal Assistance Management
Division of Grants Management Operations
301-594-4245 | email@example.com
HRSA EHB Application Assistance
877-974-2742 ext: 3 | BPHC Helpline web form
HRSA EHB Account Access Assistance
HRSA Contact Center
877-464-4772 | CallCenter@hrsa.gov
BPHC Answers Web Form (select Application/Progress Report: Instructions/Requirements Questions as the Issue Type)
HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHB) Registration and Help
Health Center Program Strategic Partnerships (PCAs and NCAs)
Sign up to receive the weekly Health Center Program Primary Health Care Digest
Track Your Grant Application