FY 2016 Oral Health Service Expansion Supplement (HRSA-16-076) Funding Opportunity Announcement Technical Assistance
About the Oral Health Service Expansion Program
The purpose of this supplemental funding opportunity is to increase access to oral health care services and improve oral health outcomes for Health Center Program patients.
Applicants must be existing Health Center Program award recipients funded under section 330(e), (g), (h), and/or (i) of the Public Health Service Act and have at least 1 service site verified as operational at the time that the Oral Health Service Expansion (OHSE) application is submitted in HRSA EHBs.
Applicants must propose a plan to achieve all of these required outcomes:
- Add at least 1.0 onsite full-time equivalent (FTE) licensed dental provider within 120 days of award.
- Ensure that any new sites added through this FOA are open and operational within 120 days of award.
- Ensure that any new or expanded oral health services are provided within 120 days of award.
- Increase the number of oral health patients and visits.
- Increase the percentage of health center patients who receive oral health services at the health center.
Application Component Examples
The following resources and forms are for demonstration and applicant planning purposes only. Applicants must enter required information directly into EHBs forms and upload attachments as instructed in the funding opportunity announcement.
- Sample Budget Templates
- Attachment 1: Service Area Map
- Attachment 2: Implementation Plan Template (PDF - 105 KB)
- Form 1A: General Information Worksheet (PDF - 176 KB)
- Form 1B: BPHC Funding Request Summary (PDF - 141 KB)
- Form 2: Staffing Profile (PDF - 153 KB)
- Form 5A: Services Provided (PDF - 53 KB)
- Form 5B: Service Sites (PDF - 140 KB)
- Supplemental Information Form (PDF - 207 KB)
One-Time Funding Requirements
If one-time funding is requested, some or all of these forms and attachments are also required to be submitted in EHBs:
- Equipment List (PDF - 123 KB)
- Alteration/Renovation (A/R) Project Cover Page (PDF - 107 KB)
- Other Requirements for Sites (PDF - 107 KB)
- Environmental Information and Documentation (EID) (PDF - 188 KB)
- A/R Budget Justification (PDF - 113 KB)
- Landlord Letter of Consent (PDF - 171 KB)
- Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar Presentation Slides
- Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar Recording
- Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar Q&A Session
- Frequently Asked Questions
- EHB User Guide
- HHS Grants Policy Statement (PDF - 2 MB)
- HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide (PDF - 2 MB)
- HRSA Scoring Rubric (PDF - 198 KB)
- Scope of Project Resources and Information (including details on Form 5A and Form 5B)
- Uniform Data System Resources
Last Reviewed: January 2017
HRSA Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Policy and Program Development
HRSA Office of Federal Assistance Management
Division of Grants Management Operations
EHBs Application Assistance
BPHC Helpline Web Form
More on Electronic Submission: