FY 2018 Expanding Access to Quality Substance Use Disorder and Mental Health Services (SUD-MH) Supplemental Funding Technical Assistance (HRSA-18-118)
Important post award technical assistance resources including:
- A recording of the November 15, 2018 SUD-MH Progress Reporting Technical Assistance Webinar in the Technical Assistance section below.
The fiscal year (FY) 2018 Expanding Access to Quality Substance Use Disorder and Mental Health Services (SUD-MH) supplemental funding provides support to HRSA-funded health centers to implement and advance evidence-based strategies to expand access to integrated substance use disorder (SUD) and mental health services.
- SUD-MH Minor Alteration/Renovation (A/R) Capital Development Resources: Resources and instructions for award recipients using one time funding for minor A/R activities.
- HRSA/BPHC Office of Quality Improvement Behavioral health and Primary Care Integration Webpage: Newly updated resource, featuring 2016 UDS mental health data, recent HRSA behavioral health initiatives, and links to behavioral health resources from HRSA supported technical assistance initiatives, including BPHC’s National Cooperative Agreements and the Substance Use Warmline.
- Center for Integrated Health Solutions: Evidence-based resources, including models to support integrated care and SUD services.
- Agency for Healthcare, Research, and Quality (AHRQ) Academy for Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care: Resources and tools to integrate behavioral health with primary care, and the use of MAT.
- Behavioral Health Resources (PDF - 126 KB): Links to behavioral health resources to enhance SUD and/or mental health services.
- HRSA Health Workforce Connector: Resource for recruiting qualified job candidates, including National Health Service Corps (NHSC) and Nurse Corps participants.
- HRSA's Opioid Crisis Website: HRSA-supported resources, technical assistance, and training to integrate behavioral health services into practice settings and communities in response to the opioid crisis.
- Primary Health Care Digest Special Edition on Opioids: Resources and best practices to help health centers meet the challenges of providing SUD services, including addressing OUD.
Award Recipient and Application Technical Assistance
Post Award Technical Assistance
- SUD-MH Post Award Technical Assistance Webinar for All Award Recipients
October 2, 2018
On-demand Webinar | Presentation Slides (PDF - 495 KB)
- SUD-MH Post Award Minor Alteration and Renovation Technical Assistance Webinar
October 12, 2018
On-demand Webinar | Presentation Slides (808 KB)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Post Award Frequently Asked Questions for Award Recipients (PDF - 252 KB)
- Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 341 KB)
Other Technical Assistance Resources
- SUD-MH Instructions
- SUD-MH Applicant Pre-Award Technical Assistance Webinar
On-Demand Webinar | Presentation Slides (PDF - 1.75 MB).
- EHB Application User Guide (PDF - 846 KB)
- Health Center Program Support Networks (PCAs, NCAs, and HCCNs)
- Scope of Project Resources and Information (including details on Form 5A)
- Uniform Data System (UDS) Resources
SUD-MH Progress Reporting Resources
- SUD-MH Progress Reporting Electronic Handbook (EHB) Quick Reference Guide (PDF - 198 KB)
- SUD-MH Progress Report Guide (PDF - 497 KB)
- SUD-MH Progress Reporting Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 303 KB)
- SUD-MH Progress Reporting Technical Assistance Webinar
On-demand Webinar | Presentation Slides (PDF - 604 KB)
- SF-424A Budget Information Form (PDF - 134 KB)
- Budget Narrative (with Personnel Justification Tables) (PDF - 359 KB)
- Federal Object Class Categories Form (PDF - 196 KB)
- Project Overview Form (PDF - 321 KB)
- Staffing Impact Form (PDF - 223 KB)
- Patient Impact Form (PDF - 254 KB)
- Sample Patient Projection (PDF - 168 KB)
- Supplemental Information Form (PDF - 255 KB)
- Equipment List Form (if applicable) (PDF - 171 KB)
- Abstract/Project Description: Sample Logic Model (optional) (PDF - 172 KB)
Date Last Reviewed: June 2018
Contact the Project Officer listed in the SUD-MH Notice of Award
Grant Regulation Information
Contact the Grants Management Specialist listed in the SUD-MH Notice of Award
HRSA Electronic Handbooks Support
Health Center Program Support
877-464-4772 | EHB Systems Issues and Questions