FY 2017 Access Increases in Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (AIMS) Supplemental Funding Opportunity Technical Assistance
Funding Opportunity Announcement Number: HRSA-17-118
FY 2017 AIMS Instructions (PDF - 158 KB)
- Apply through the HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHB).
- Applications are due in EHB by July 26, 2017 at 5:00 PM EDT.
EHB User Guide for Applicants (PDF - 1.31 MB)
The purpose of the FY 2017 Access Increases in Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (AIMS) supplemental funding opportunity is to expand access to mental health services, and substance abuse services focusing on the treatment, prevention, and awareness of opioid abuse. Health centers will enhance these services by increasing personnel. They will also leverage health information technology (IT) and provide training to support the expansion of mental health services, and substance abuse services focusing on the treatment, prevention, and awareness of opioid abuse, and their integration into primary care. HRSA will award approximately $195 million in AIMS funding to eligible health centers. The AIMS instructions provide funding details.
Who Can Apply
Organizations receiving Health Center Program operational grant funding at the time of the AIMS funding opportunity release are eligible to apply for AIMS funding. Eligible health centers were notified by email sent on June 26, 2017.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via EHB. There is no Grants.gov submission required for the AIMS application. Applications are due in EHB by 5:00 PM EDT on July 26, 2017.
Schedule of email notifications to eligible health centers:
- June 26, 2017: Notification and links to access the AIMS instructions and technical assistance resources for proposal development.
- June 30, 2017: Notification that the application is open in EHB with a unique link to the complete the application
If you are an eligible organization and cannot locate these emails, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning June 30, 2017, applicants may enter required information into the EHB application module. The samples below are for demonstration and application planning purposes only. Applicants may use the samples to develop their proposals and transfer the information to the corresponding EHB section when the application module opens.
- SF-424A Budget Information Form PDF (120 KB) | Word (68 KB)
- Federal Budget Information Table Form PDF (198 KB) | Word (63 KB)
- Federal Object Class Categories Form PDF (129 KB) | Word (67 KB)
- Budget Narrative PDF (152 KB) | Word (47 KB)
- Staffing Impact Form PDF (157 KB) | Word (59 KB)
- Patient Impact Form PDF (211 KB) | Word (63 KB)
- Project Narrative Form PDF (101 KB) | Word (58 KB)
- Equipment List Form PDF (157 KB) | Word (67 KB)
Technical Assistance Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 157 KB)
- EHB Application User Guide (PDF - 1.3 MB)
- Health Center Program Support Networks (PCAs, NCAs, and HCCNs)
- The Health IT Resources and Tools List (PDF - 78 KB)
- Scope of Project Resources and Information (including details on Form 5A)
- Uniform Data System (UDS) Resources
- FY 2017 AIMS Supplemental Funding Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar Replay
On-demand Webinar | Presentation Slides (PDF - 1 MB)
- BPHC Behavioral Health Integration Resources for Health Centers
- Substance Use Warmline
- SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions
- SAMHSA Providers' Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies and Medication-Assisted Treatment Training
- NIH Interagency Pain Research Coordinating Committee National Pain Strategy
- CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- CMS Resources on Reducing Substance Use Disorders
- American Society of Addiction Medicine National Practice Guideline for the Use of Medications in the Treatment of Addiction Involving Opioid Use
AIMS Technical Assistance Team
Bureau of Primary Health Care
Mona D. Thompson
Grants Management Specialist
Office of Federal Assistance Management