2016 EAST CENTRAL OKLAHOMA FAMILY HEALTH CENTER INC Health Center Profile
Total Patients Served: 4,614
UDS Data Comparisons
Expand the tables below to view UDS data comparisons from 2014 to 2016
|Age (% of total patients)|
|Children (< 18 years old)||14.78%||15.63%||16.60%|
|Adult (18 - 64)||68.77%||67.26%||66.60%|
|Older Adults (age 65 and over)||16.46%||17.11%||16.80%|
|Patients By Race & Ethnicity (% known)|
|Racial and/or Ethnic Minority||14.56%||16.24%||18.37%|
|Black/African American 1||5.54%||5.54%||6.15%|
|American Indian/Alaska Native 1||5.64%||6.48%||7.29%|
|Native Hawaiian / Other Pacific Islander 1||0.27%||0.43%||0.34%|
|More than one race 1||1.09%||1.53%||2.01%|
|Language (% known)|
|Best Served in another language||0.88%||0.57%||0.41%|
|Income Status (% of patients with known income)|
|Patients at or below 200% of poverty||94.78%||94.89%||95.67%|
|Patients at or below 100% of poverty||66.03%||68.58%||72.34%|
|Insurance Status (% of total patients)|
|Children Uninsured (age 0-17 years)||9.78%||5.06%||5.09%|
|Dually Eligible (Medicare and Medicaid)||-||5.11%||5.14%|
|Other Third Party||32.51%||34.47%||33.70%|
|Gender of Patients by Age|
|Women's Data (% of total women)|
|Women's Health (ages 15-44)||39.40%||37.55%||39.39%|
|Patients Under 15 Who are Female||10.39%||11.98%||11.95%|
|Patients 15-64 Who are Female||74.39%||71.64%||71.71%|
|Patients 65 and Over Who are Female||15.21%||16.38%||16.34%|
|Men's Data (% of total men)|
|Men's Health (ages 15-44)||33.59%||32.28%||31.62%|
|Patients Under 15 Who are Male||13.06%||12.97%||15.27%|
|Patients 15-64 Who are Male||68.86%||69.00%||67.35%|
|Patients 65 and Over Who are Male||18.07%||18.03%||17.38%|
|Services (% of patients)||2014||2015||2016|
|Medical Conditions (% of Patients with Medical Conditions)|
|Prenatal Patients who Delivered||1||2||0|
|2014||2015||2016||Adjusted Quartile Ranking 7|
|Quality of Care Measures|
|Access to Prenatal Care (First Prenatal Visit in 1st Trimester)||50.00%||100.00%||-||-||-|
|Low Birth Weight||0.00%||0.00%||-||-||-|
|Preventive Health Screening & Services|
|Cervical Cancer Screening12||11.36%||17.68%||12.97%||4||4|
|Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children and Adolescents||13.75%||12.80%||0.56%||4||4|
|Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up||29.26%||31.83%||36.36%||4||4|
|Adults Screened for Tobacco Use and Receiving Cessation Intervention13||86.73%||83.90%||73.62%||3||4|
|Colorectal Cancer Screening14||12.25%||9.58%||7.54%||4||4|
|Childhood Immunization Status 8||86.36%||20.00%||0.00%||-||4|
|Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-Up Plan15||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||4||4|
|Dental Sealants for Children between 6-9 Years 16||-||100.00%||5.00%||-||-|
|Chronic Disease Management|
|Use of Appropriate Medications for Asthma17||100.00%||100.00%||43.75%||-||4|
|Coronary Artery Disease (CAD): Lipid Therapy||86.50%||78.46%||78.26%||3||3|
|Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD): Use of Aspirin or Another Antithrombotic||79.00%||78.40%||35.11%||3||4|
|Controlling High Blood Pressure (Hypertensive Patients with Blood Pressure < 140/90)18||67.34%||66.59%||67.41%||2||2|
|Diabetes: Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control (Diabetic Patients with HbA1c > 9%) or No Test During Year19||21.62%||30.52%||25.56%||3||2|
|HIV Linkage to Care||-||0.00%||0.00%||-||-|
|Health Center Service Grant Expenditures||$1,314,272||$2,049,740||$2,673,065|
|Total Cost Per Patient||$748.52||$864.71||$937.43|
'-' - Data Cannot be Calculated
% Change: The change in a variable from one year to another expressed as a percent. For example for 2014 - 2016, the formula used to calculate percent change would be: %Change = ((Value 2016 - Value 2014) / Value 2014) X 100%
- Includes Hispanic/Latino and Non-Hispanic/Latino.
- Includes Medicaid, Medicaid CHIP, and Other Public Insurance CHIP.
- Measure revised in 2014 UDS to include patients served in health centers with and without Public Housing Primary Care funding.
- Hypertensive adults as a percent of estimated adult medical patients of ages 18-85.
- Diabetic adults as a percent of estimated adult medical patients of ages 18-75.
- All health centers who provide prenatal care directly or by referral are included in the prenatal care calculations, effective 2014.
- Adjusted Quartile Rankings: Provides a health center's adjusted quartile ranking compared to health centers nationally for each of the clinical performance measures. Clinical performance for each measure is ranked from quartile 1 (highest 25% of reporting health center) to quartile 4 (lowest 25% of reporting health centers). Adjusted quartile ranking is not calculated when there are fewer than 30 patients in the universe count. To learn more about the Health Center Adjusted Quartile Ranking please refer to https://bphc.hrsa.gov/datareporting/reporting/ranking.html and for FAQ's please refer to https://bphc.hrsa.gov/datareporting/reporting/rankingfaq.html.
- Childhood Immunization Status: Change to the denominator: Children 2 years of age (previously 3 years of age). Change to the exclusions criteria: No longer permits exclusion of patients not seen ever prior to turning 2. Change to the numerator: Adds 1 Hepatitis A (Hep A), 2 or 3 rotavirus (RV), and 2 influenza (flu) vaccines. Please see: https://ecqi.healthit.gov/ecqm/measures/cms117v4
- Measure changed in 2015 to address uncontrolled diabetes for patients with Hba1c > 9.
- Program conditions are based on non-compliance with Health Center Program requirements and are updated daily. To learn more about the Health Center Program requirements, please visit https://www.bphc.hrsa.gov/about/requirements/index.html.
- Effective with calendar year 2016 reporting, clinical quality measures (CQMs) were changed to align with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ electronic specified clinical quality measures (eCQMs) and therefore caution should be used for trends between 2015 and 2016 UDS CQMs. Health centers are encouraged to review the year over year differences before using for comparisons.
- Cervical Cancer Screening: Change to the denominator: Women age 23 through 64 years (previously age 24 through 64 years). Change to the numerator: No longer includes concurrent human papillomavirus (HPV) and Pap test for those ages 30 and older. Please see: https://ecqi.healthit.gov/ecqm/measures/cms124v4
- Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Intervention: Change to the denominator: Includes patients seen twice for medical care or at least once for a preventive visit. Change to the exclusions criteria: Documentation of medical reason(s) for not screening for tobacco use (e.g., limited life expectancy, other medical reason). Please see: https://ecqi.healthit.gov/ecqm/measures/cms138v4
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: Change to the denominator: Change to the denominator: Patients age 50 through 75 (previously 51 through 74). Please see: https://ecqi.healthit.gov/ecqm/measures/cms130v4
- Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-Up Plan: Change to the denominator: Do not include patients who refuse to participate, urgent or emergent situations, or if the patient's functional capacity or motivation to improve impacts the accuracy of results. Please see: https://ecqi.healthit.gov/ecqm/measures/cms002v5
- The Dental Sealants Screening measure was introduced in 2015 and is not comparable to prior years.
- Use of Appropriate Medications for Asthma: Change to the denominator: Patients age 5 through 64 years (previously age 5 through 40 years), eligibility not limited to individuals with 2 medical visits ever. Change to the exclusions criteria: Patients with emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, or acute respiratory failure during or prior to the measurement period, patients with allergic reactions to asthma medications are no longer excluded from the measure denominator. Please see: https://ecqi.healthit.gov/ecqm/measures/cms126v4
- Controlling High Blood Pressure: Change to the denominator: Age 18 through 85 years (previously age 18 through 84 years), eligibility no longer limited to patients with at least 2 medical visits during the measurement, must be essential diagnosis. Change to the exclusions criteria: Exclude patients with dialysis or renal transplant before or during the measurement period and chronic kidney disease, Stage 5 (in addition to evidence of end state renal disease), and patients with a diagnosis of pregnancy during the measurement period year. Please see: https://ecqi.healthit.gov/ecqm/measures/cms165v4
- Diabetes: Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control: Change to the denominator: Age 18 through 75 years (previously age 18 through 74), eligibility no longer limited to patients with at least 2 medical visits during the measurement year. Please see https://ecqi.healthit.gov/ecqm/measures/cms122v4
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in these files. For assistance, contact the BPHC Helpline at: 1-877-974-2742.