2015 Health Center Profile
ISLAND HEALTH INC
WEST TISBURY, MASSACHUSETTS
Total Patients Served: 2,166
|Age (% of total patients)|
|Children (< 18 years old)||-||0.1%||0.2%|
|Adult (18 - 64)||-||88.8%||87.1%|
|Older Adults (age 65 and over)||-||11.0%||12.7%|
|Patients By Race & Ethnicity (% known)|
|Racial and/or Ethnic Minority||-||3.0%||5.5%|
|Black/African American 1||-||1.6%||0.5%|
|American Indian/Alaska Native 1||-||0.0%||0.4%|
|Native Hawaiian / Other Pacific Islander 1||-||0.0%||0.4%|
|More than one race 1||-||0.0%||0.1%|
|Language (% known)|
|Best Served in another language||-||24.7%||32.1%|
|Income Status (% of patients with known income)|
|Patients at or below 200% of poverty||-||0.0%||48.2%|
|Patients at or below 100% of poverty||-||0.0%||18.0%|
|Insurance Status (% of total patients)|
|Children Uninsured (age 0-17 years)||-||0.0%||0.0%|
|Dually Eligible (Medicare and Medicaid) (of Medicare)||-||-||0.0%|
|Other Third Party||-||32.8%||38.1%|
|Gender of Patients by Age|
|Women's Data (% of total women)|
|Women's Health (ages 15-44)||-||52.8%||51.5%|
|Patients Under 15 Who are Female||-||0.0%||0.0%|
|Patients 15-64 Who are Female||-||87.9%||86.8%|
|Patients 65 and Over Who are Female||-||12.1%||13.2%|
|Men's Data (% of total men)|
|Men's Health (ages 15-44)||-||54.4%||52.2%|
|Patients Under 15 Who are Male||-||0.0%||0.0%|
|Patients 15-64 Who are Male||-||90.3%||88.0%|
|Patients 65 and Over Who are Male||-||9.7%||12.0%|
|Services (% of patients)||2013||2014||2015|
|Medical Conditions (% of Patients with Medical Conditions)|
|Prenatal Patients who Delivered||-||14||6|
|2013||2014||2015||Adjusted Quartile Ranking 7|
|Quality of Care Measures|
|Access to Prenatal Care (First Prenatal Visit in 1st Trimester)||-||100.0%||100.0%||-||-|
|Low Birth Weight||-||0.0%||0.0%||-||-|
|Preventive Health Screening & Services|
|Cervical Cancer Screening||-||25.7%||21.4%||4||4|
|Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children and Adolescents||-||-||-||-||-|
|Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up||-||40.0%||51.4%||4||3|
|Adults Screened for Tobacco Use and Receiving Cessation Intervention||-||90.0%||88.6%||2||2|
|Colorectal Cancer Screening||-||28.6%||32.9%||3||3|
|Childhood Immunization Status 8||-||-||-||-||-|
|Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-Up Plan||-||31.4%||80.0%||3||1|
|Dental Sealants for Children between 6-9 Years||-||-||-||-||-|
|Chronic Disease Management|
|Use of Appropriate Medications for Asthma||-||100.0%||100.0%||-||-|
|Coronary Artery Disease (CAD): Lipid Therapy||-||100.0%||100.0%||-||-|
|Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD): Use of Aspirin or Another Antithrombotic||-||100.0%||100.0%||-||-|
|Controlling High Blood Pressure (Hypertensive Patients with Blood Pressure < 140/90)||-||68.6%||58.1%||2||4|
|ABCDiabetes: Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control 8(Diabetic Patients with HbA1c > 9%) or No Test During Year||-||12.5%||40.0%||-||4|
|HIV Linkage to Care||-||100.0%||-||-||-|
|Health Center Service Grant Expenditures||-||$643,131||$1,091,204|
|Total Cost Per Patient||-||$668.38||$835.61|
Data are rounded to the first decimal place
'-' - Data Cannot be Calculated
% Change: The change in a variable from one year to another expressed as a percent. For example for 2010 - 2012, the formula used to calculate percent change would be: %Change = ((Value 2012 - Value 2010) / Value 2010) X 100
- Includes Hispanic/Latino and Non-Hispanic/Latino.
- Includes Medicaid, Medicaid CHIP, and Other Public Insurance CHIP.
- Measure revised in 2014 UDS to include patients served in health centers with and without Public Housing Primary Care funding.
- Hypertensive adults as a percent of estimated adult medical patients of ages 18-85.
- Diabetic adults as a percent of estimated adult medical patients of ages 18-75.
- All health centers who provide prenatal care directly or by referral are included in the prenatal care calculations, effective 2014.
- Adjusted Quartile Rankings: Provides a health center's adjusted quartile ranking compared to health centers nationally for each of the clinical performance measures. Clinical performance for each measure is ranked from quartile 1 (highest 25% of reporting health center) to quartile 4 (lowest 25% of reporting health centers). Adjusted quartile ranking is not calculated when there are fewer than 30 patients in the universe count. To learn more about the Health Center Adjusted Quartile Ranking please refer to https://bphc.hrsa.gov/datareporting/reporting/ranking.html and for FAQ's please refer to https://bphc.hrsa.gov/datareporting/reporting/rankingfaq.html.
- The Childhood Immunizations measure was revised in 2013 and is not comparable to prior years.
- Measure changed in 2015 to address uncontrolled diabetes for patients with Hba1c > 9.
- Program conditions are based on non-compliance with Health Center Program requirements and are updated daily. To learn more about the Health Center Program requirements, please visit https://www.bphc.hrsa.gov/about/requirements/index.html.
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in these files. For assistance, contact the BPHC Helpline at: 1-877-974-2742.