Site Visit Guides
The Health Center Program Site Visit Guide is the Health Resources & Services Administration's standardized review instrument used to conduct Operational Site Visits and, when appropriate, other types of site visits at health centers. It includes review questions used by the team conducting the site visit to assess compliance with each program requirement, as well as to review progress on clinical and financial performance and capital grants (if applicable), and, when possible, to identify any best practices established by the health center. Health centers also may use this guide to assess compliance with program requirements and to identify clinical and financial performance improvement areas.
- Health Center Program Site Visit Guide (PDF - 614 KB) updated 11/2014
The Primary Care Association (PCA) Site Visit Guide is HRSA's standardized review instrument used to review and verify PCA activities, as outlined in their approved work plans and the funding guidance. Additionally, this visit will be used to outline key PCA accomplishments, strengthen the relationship between HRSA and PCAs, and identify promising practices in supporting the training and technical assistance (T/TA) needs of health centers. PCA site visits will be conducted once every project period by one to two consultants and a site visit report will be shared with the PCA.
- Primary Care Association (PCA) Site Visit Guide (PDF - 616 KB) updated 04/2016
The Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN) Site Visit Guide is HRSA's standardized review instrument used to review and verify HCCN activities, as outlined in their approved work plans and the funding guidance. This site visit guide serves to define the aims, requirements, and processes for a site visit to an HCCN. The intended audience for this site visit guide are both HCCN staff and site visit consultants. There are five main goals for the site visit:
- Meet with key HCCN staff and board members to discuss the HCCN’s mission, strategic goals, and progress toward meeting the program goals.
- Discuss successes, challenges, and lessons learned and identify areas of need that will support the advancement of HIT at the participating health centers (PHCs).
- Observe demonstrations of HIT tools, resources, services, and solutions provided by the HCCN.
- Visit PHC(s) to gain insight on the impact the HCCN has had on member organizations.
- Identify innovative and promising HIT practices that resulted in improved quality of care and/or patient outcomes.
The focus of the 2 day site visit is to gather information that is not otherwise available from teleconferences and progress reports. By experiencing and observing HCCN activities in-person, site visits will contribute to an overall understanding of what works and does not work, and identify needed resources.
- Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN) Site Visit Guide (PDF - 384 KB)
Date Last Reviewed: August 2017