Updated: January 12, 2022
Health centers have been on the front lines during the COVID-19 public health emergency. HRSA is working to keep health centers and Health Center Program partners updated on the latest information about the pandemic. Visit COVID-19 Information for Health Centers and Partners for guidance and resources.
General Resources for Emergencies
Health centers play a critical role in providing continuity of care to support communities during and after natural or man-made emergencies in the United States and its territories. Emergencies also affect health center operations.
- Need to request a change in scope of project to add a temporary site? View Program Assistance Letter (PAL) 2020-05: Requesting a Change in Scope to Add Temporary Service Sites in Response to Emergency Events (PDF - 184 KB). Contact your Project Officer with questions about your health center grant or scope of project.
- Following a public health emergency declaration by the HHS Secretary, HRSA may allow eligible entities in affected states to immediately enroll in the 340B Drug Program. Updated information will be provided on the 340B Drug Pricing Program website.
Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) Resources
- FTCA Health Center Policy Manual (PDF - 406 KB)
- PAL 2017-07: Temporary Privileging of Clinical Providers in Emergency Situations (PDF - 286 KB)
- PAL 2020-05: Requesting a Change in Scope to Add Temporary Service Sites in Response to Emergency Events (PDF - 184 KB)
- PAL 2021-02: Volunteer Health Professional FTCA Deeming Sponsorship Application Instructions (PDF - 222 KB)
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers
- HRSA Emergency Preparedness & Continuity of Operations resources
Response to Hurricanes
Weather and Safety
- Disasters and Emergencies
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) information on staying safe after a natural disaster
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Information
- National Weather Service provides the latest forecasts, maps, and imagery