- Updated Instructions for Form 5B: Services Sites (8/3/21) and view Form 5B Scope Accuracy Worksheet (PDF - 424 KB)
- Health Center Program Compliance en Español (4/15/21) (PDF - 996 KB)
- Updated PAL to Add Temporary Service Sites in Response to Emergency Events Now Available (4/15/20) (PDF - 184 KB)
View Health Center Program requirements and find links to related resources.
News & Announcements
The Health Center Program Compliance Manual is the principal resource to assist health centers in understanding and demonstrating compliance with Health Center Program requirements.
Scope of Project
A health center’s scope of project defines a health center’s service sites, services, providers, service areas, and target populations.
Visit these pages to explore the scope of the project and find related resources:
- Scope of Project
- Maintaining an Accurate Scope of Project
- Documenting Scope of Project
- The Change in Scope (CIS) Process
- Scope Resources
Policy Information Notices & Program Assistance Letters
Policy Information Notices (PINs) define and clarify policies and procedures that HRSA-supported health centers must follow.
Program Assistance Letters (PALs) describe items of significance for health centers, such as HRSA program implementation activities, recently enacted laws, final regulations, and new HHS initiatives.
Visit the PINs/PALs Library.
HRSA conducts site visits of health centers, Primary Care Associations, National Training and Technical Assistance Partners, and Health Center Controlled Networks to ensure compliance with program requirements.
Visit Site Visit Protocols and Guides for an overview of the site visit types and related documents to prepare for a site visit.
HRSA uses the Health Center Program Site Visit Protocol to perform its oversight of health centers.
The Progressive Action Conditions Library contains the list of conditions applied when a health center fails to demonstrate compliance with Health Center Program requirements.
Statute & Regulations
- Health Center Program Statute: Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. §254b)
- Health Center Program Regulations: 42 CFR 51c and 42 CFR 56.201 – 56.604
- Grant Regulations: Uniform Administrative Requirements for HHS Awards: 45 CFR 75