Clinical Quality Improvement
Health Center Program Quality Improvement initiatives align with the National Quality Strategy and support the efforts of health centers toward:
- Better care for patients
- Healthy communities
- Lower health care costs
These initiatives assist health centers in the development and implementation of ongoing quality improvement through an array of policies and programs, funding, training and technical assistance, data and information sharing, and partnerships and collaborations.
National Quality Recognition
The HRSA Accreditation and Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Initiative supports recognition for health centers that meet national quality standards. HRSA contracts with these accreditation and recognition organizations to support, evaluate, and recognize participating health centers for meeting standards for ambulatory health care accreditation, Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition, or both:
- The Joint Commission (TJC): Ambulatory health care accreditation and PCMH recognition
- The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC): Ambulatory health care accreditation and PCMH recognition
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA): PCMH recognition
Expansion and Integration of Health Services
- Behavioral Health and Primary Care Integration
- Hepatitis and Primary Care Integration
- Oral Health and Primary Care Integration
- HIV and Primary Care Integration
- Quality Family Planning Services (PDF - 488 KB)
This technical assistance resource highlights the Health Center Program requirement that health centers provide obstetrics, gynecology, and voluntary family planning services to their patients, as well as current evidence-based recommendations, training, and other resources to support health centers to provide high quality primary health care services in these areas.
Clinical and Financial Performance Measures: Health Center Program grantees and look-alikes report annually on clinical and financial performance measures in the Uniform Data System.
Health Center Quality Improvement Awards: HRSA rewarded the quality improvement activities of health centers through the FY 2018 Health Center Quality Improvement Awards.
Risk Management and Quality Improvement: HRSA provides risk management and quality improvement resources to support free clinics and health centers participating in the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) Program.