Health Center Controlled Networks
Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCNs) are groups of health centers working together to address operational and clinical challenges related to the use of health information technology (HIT). HCCNs support the Federal Health Information Technology Strategic Plan by helping health centers improve access to care, enhance quality of care, and achieve cost efficiencies through the redesign of practices. Approximately 70% of health centers currently participate in a HRSA-funded HCCN.
HCCNs provide specialized technical and training assistance (T/TA) to participating health centers to leverage economies of scale, such as group purchasing power, shared resources and training, and data analytics expertise to support quality measurement and improvement, and the ability to share and apply lessons learned across providers.
Health centers can participate in only one HRSA-funded HCCN for the purposes of receiving support in the areas described in the current HCCN grant goals. Health centers may work with both HRSA-funded and other HCCNs for any service outside of the current grant goals.
Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) Offered
HCCNs provide T/TA at no charge to assist participating health centers to:
- Adopt and implement ONC-certified electronic health record technology;
- Enhance comprehensive, integrated data collection, analysis, and reporting including Uniform Data System (UDS) performance measures;
- Meet the requirements of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Programs;
- Improve clinical and operational quality to reduce health disparities and improve patient and population health outcomes through the use of health information technology;
- Develop health information exchange (HIE) infrastructure to improve care coordination and manage population health; and
- Provide peer support for sharing data and best clinical and business practices.
Additional Tools and Resources
Other HIT T/TA support and information for health centers and HCCNs is available below.
- Search for a HRSA-funded Health Center Controlled Network
- Use HIT tools and resources developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Get updated HCCN and HIT resources and information through the MyNACHC Learning Center
- Find support of full optimization of EHR/HIT systems from the HITEQ Center
- Technical Assistance Calendar