We want health centers, like you, to perform the best you can. That’s why we created the following:
- Advancing Health Center Excellence Framework
- Service Area Needs Assessment Methodology and Unmet Need Score
- Service Area Status
- Service Use Benchmarks
- National quality recognition
- Community Health Quality Recognition
A Framework to help you improve performance
The Advancing Health Center Excellence Framework is a way to understand how well your health center performs.
How we organized the Framework
There are seven domains:
- Access and affordability
- Patient experience
- Quality, patient care, and safety
- Population health and social determinants of health
- Financial sustainability
- Governance and management
Within each domain, there are four maturity levels. At level one, you’re doing what we require of you. At level four, you’re leading in that area. Health centers may be at different levels in each domain.
Read our fact sheet, Advancing Health Center Excellence (PDF - 1 MB), for details.
How you should use the Framework
Use it to identify:
- How you’re performing in each domain
- How you’d like to perform in the future
- Ways you can reach that future state
- Specific skills, actions, and resources you need to perform at a higher level
What our next steps are
We’re creating a self-assessment guide and toolkit. These will help you use the Framework to find ways to improve performance and promote health equity.
We’ll work with health centers and our partners on the guide and the toolkit. When they’re finished, we will host a webinar to introduce these resources.
How you can reach us
- Use the BPHC Contact Form.
Under Health Center Program, select Health Center Program (e.g., Unmet Need Score, Advancing Health Center Excellence Framework).
- Call 877-464-4772 (select option 1), 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday (except federal holidays)