The fiscal year (FY) 2021 American Rescue Plan (ARP) Funding for Health Centers provides one-time funding for a two-year period of performance to support health centers funded under the Health Center Program to prevent, mitigate, and respond to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and to enhance health care services and infrastructure.
FY 2023 highlights
On this page:
HRSA requires award recipients to submit quarterly progress reports. These reports have different reporting periods and due dates. This information is specified for the ARP award (activity code: H8F):
|Reporting period||Available in HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHBs)||Due date|
|April 1 – June 30, 2023||July 1, 2023||July 14, 2023|
|July 1 – September 30, 2023||October 1, 2023||October 13, 2023|
|October 1 – December 31, 2023||January 1, 2024||January 15, 2024|
|January 1 – March 31, 2024||April 1, 2024||April 15, 2024|
- ARP H8F Progress Report User Guide
- September 2022 ARP H8F/L2C Progress Report for Grantees: Reporting on ARP-UDS+ Webinar
ARP minor A/R reporting requirements
Health centers using the FY 2021 American Rescue Plan (ARP) funding (H8F/L2C) for minor alteration/renovation (A/R) activities must submit additional reporting requirements through specific minor A/R submission tasks within the Electronic Handbooks (EHBs).
There are guidance and resources to support these submissions are provided below. You can find the certification templates to respond to these reporting requirements below or at the HRSA Capital Development website.
|A/R documents||Purpose||Expected due date||Helpful hints|
|Project Implementation Certification (DOCX - 149 KB)||Verifies an Architect / Engineer (A/E) firm or Contractor has been engaged and that construction and design will be done in accordance with the pertinent laws, codes, and guidelines.||When minor A/R activities are about to get started or have already begun.||
Shows sufficient views of the key minor A/R activities of the project(s) with before AND after photos of the project.
Health center can use a photographs submission template (DOCX - 32 KB)
After all minor A/R activities are completed.
|Project Completion Certification (DOCX - 36 KB)||
Verifies the minor A/R work is substantially completed and the work has been inspected and approved by the local building permitting department.
Supplemental attachments include:
|After all minor A/R activities are completed.||
|Final Budget Information||
Documents the final project costs.
Include total project costs at the site for the Minor A/R work including federal and non-federal funding.
A separate budget submission is required for each project site address. A sample budget justification form (PDF - 145 KB) can be found here on our website.
|After all Minor A/R activities are completed.||Contingencies cost must be $0 in final budget submission. Move any of those costs if shown in initial budget to the appropriate cost category.|
- Biden Administration Invests More Than $6 Billion from the American Rescue Plan into Community Health Centers Nationwide (4/1/21)
- FY 2021 Award Recipients
- Instructions to add your H8F grant folder to your EHBs portfolio
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- American Rescue Plan Funding FAQ
- COVID-19 Health Center Program FAQ
Question and answer (Q&A) sessions
- August 12, 2021, A/R Q&A Session
- August 12, 2021, A/R Q&A Session Slides (PDF - 475 KB) (PDF - 475 KB)
- April 28, 2021, Q&A Session 2
- April 28, 2021, Q&A Session 2 Slides (PDF - 588 KB) (PDF - 588 KB)
- April 8, 2021, Q&A Session 1
- April 8, 2021, Q&A Session 1 Slides (PDF - 530 KB) (PDF - 530 KB)
- H8F Example Activities
- H8F Award Submission Quick Reference Guide for EHBs (PDF - 968 KB) (PDF - 968 KB)
- H8F Award Submission Guidance
- September 14, 2022, Fostering Workplace Wellness Through the COVID Pandemic and Beyond Webinar
- COVID-19 Information for Health Centers and Partners
- Health Center COVID-19 Vaccine Program
Email the Grants Management Specialist stated on your Notice of Award.
EHBs Health Center Program Support
Call 877-464-4772 (select option 1) 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday (except federal holidays).