FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) (PDF - 512 KB)
The purpose of the fiscal year (FY) 2023 Quality Improvement Fund-Maternal Health (QIF-MH) (HRSA-23-027) funding is to support health centers to improve maternal health and reduce racial and ethnic maternal health disparities by partnering with patients and the community to develop and pilot innovative, patient-centered, scalable models of care delivery that address both the clinical and health-related social needs of health center patients at highest risk of maternal morbidity and mortality.
FY 2023 Highlights
On this page:
FY 2023 QIF-MH one-time funding is available for approximately 12 health centers on a competitive basis.
If funded, award recipients will actively participate in collaborative learning and evaluation activities with other QIF-MH award recipients through a HRSA-funded coordination and evaluation center. Award recipients will provide data to the coordination and evaluation center to facilitate peer learning and evaluation of the funded projects.
Who Can Apply
Applicants must be existing Health Center Program award recipients currently receiving operational (H80) funding under section 330(e), (g), (h), and/or (i) of the Public Health Service Act.
How to Apply
QIF-MH applications require a two-phase submission process:
Complete and submit to the HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHBs) by 5 p.m. ET on January 13, 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- FY 2023 NOFO (PDF - 512 KB)
- November 1, 2022, Applicant TA Webinar
- November 1, 2022, Applicant TA Webinar Slides (PDF - 861 KB)
- Track Grant Application
- HRSA Scoring Rubric
- HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide (PDF - 718 KB)
- Scope of Project Resources and Information
Attachments and Forms
These samples and templates of application components are for planning purposes only.
- Budget Sample:
- SF424A: Budget Information Form (PDF - 134 KB)
- Budget Narrative with Personnel Justification Table (PDF - 258 KB)
- Form 1B: Funding Request Summary (PDF - 107 KB)
- Scope Overview Form (PDF - 150 KB)
- Project Plan Form Guide
Equipment List and Minor A/R Forms:
- Equipment List (PDF - 169 KB)
- Alteration/Renovation Project Cover Page (PDF - 167 KB)
- Alteration/Renovation Sample Budget Justification (PDF - 122 KB)
- Other Requirements for Sites (PDF - 96 KB)
- Environmental Information and Documentation (EID) Checklist (PDF - 512 KB)
- Landlord Letter of Consent Template (PDF - 61 KB)
These websites and resources may be helpful as you develop your QIF-MH innovation:
- Appendix C of the FY 2023 NOFO contains a list of HRSA-funded programs aimed at improving maternal health.
- White House Blueprint for Addressing the Maternal Health Crisis (PDF - 912 KB) includes goals and strategies for improving maternal health.
- HHS Initiative to Improve Maternal Health describes a comprehensive approach for improving maternal health and describes actions being taken as part of the initiative.
- HHS Healthy People 2030 | Pregnancy and Childbirth sets data-driven national objectives to improve health and well-being, including objectives and evidenced-based resources related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- HRSA Uniform Data System (UDS) Mapper provides Health Center Program data and population characteristics.
- HRSA Maternal and Infant Health Mapping Tool provides data on maternal and infant health in communities, including data on health equity and specific health indicators.
- HRSA/BPHC Strategic Partnerships (HCCNs, NTTAPs, and PCAs) provide resources specific to health centers and their communities.
- Health Information Technology, Evaluation, and Quality Center (HITEQ) provides materials on health IT that may inform project development and implementation.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality | Working for Quality provides a framework for health and healthcare quality, including case studies of successful quality improvement programs.
Contact the QIF-MH Technical Assistance Team by completing the BPHC Contact Form
- Under Funding, select Applications for Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs)
- Select Quality Improvement Fund (QIF)
Contact Joi Grymes-Johnson
Grants Management Specialist
Division of Grants Management Operations, OFAM
Health Resources and Services Administration
Grants.gov Contact Center
EHBs Health Center Program Support
Complete the BPHC Contact Form
- Under Technical Support, select EHBs Tasks/EHBs Technical Issues
- Select Grant Applications Technical Questions
Call 877-464-4772 (select option 1)