The purpose of this funding is to assist health centers located in areas impacted by Hurricane Florence, Hurricane Michael, Typhoon Mangkhut, Super Typhoon Yutu, wildfires, and earthquakes occurring in calendar year 2018; and/or tornadoes or floods occurring in calendar year 2019 as declared by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to:
- Respond and recover from emergency and/or disaster impacts and/or;
- Increase the capacity and capability to respond to and/or recover from future emergencies and/or disasters; and
- Support the continuity of access to high quality primary care services for underserved and vulnerable populations.
Eligible health centers received awards through one of three available tracks:
- Track 1 – Equipment Only:
Up to $100,000 per award to support the purchase of moveable equipment for one or more eligible service delivery sites.
- Track 2 – Minor Construction-Related:
Up to $250,000 per award to support alteration/renovation and/or construction/expansion activities with or without equipment at up to three eligible service delivery sites.
- Track 3 – Major Construction-Related:
Up to $1,000,000 per award for alteration/renovation and/or construction/expansion, with or without equipment at one eligible service delivery site. Note: The moveable equipment costs will be included in the total project cost for major construction-related projects.
- Sample Submission forms are also available on the Capital Development Grant Technical Assistance Webpage
- Equipment List (XLSX - 14 KB)
- Sample SF-424C Budget (PDF - 137 KB)
- SF 424C Construction Budget (fillable) (XLS - 31 KB)
- Sample Budget Justification for CADRE Projects:
- Track 1: Equipment Only Sample Budget Justification (PDF - 211 KB)
- Track 2: Minor Construction Related Sample Budget Justification (PDF - 165 KB)
- Track 3: Major Construction Related Sample Budget Justification (PDF - 206 KB)
- Sample Notice of Federal Interest (PDF - 297 KB)
- Landlord Letter of Consent (PDF - 61 KB)
- Landlord Letter of Consent – Minor Alterations/Renovations (PDF - 69 KB)
- Other Requirements for Sites (PDF - 96 KB)
- Environmental and Information Documentation (EID) Checklist (PDF - 512 KB)
- Project Implementation Certification (DOCX - 149 KB)
- Project Completion Certification (DOCX - 18 KB)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Notice of Federal Interest Filing Guide: Federal Interest in Real Property FAQ (PDF - 500 KB)
- Force Account Labor FAQ (PDF - 26 KB)
- Procurement FAQ (PDF - 62 KB)
Environmental and Historic Preservation
- Semi-Annual Progress Report Manual (PDF - 242 KB)
- Semi-Annual Progress Report Quick Guide (PDF - 251 KB)
- Capital Grant Semi-Annual Progress Report Presentation to Awardees (PDF - 1 MB)
Please refer to your assigned Project Officer per your Notice of Award.
Health Center Program Support
Contact Health Center Program Support at 877-464-4772 (select option 1), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET (except federal holidays). You can also submit questions through the BPHC Contact Form. Always obtain and retain a case number when calling for support.