Health Center Expanded Services Supplemental Funding Technical Assistance
HHS Releases FY 2015 Expanded Services Awards to Expand Primary Care Services news release (09/15/2015)
About Health Center Expanded Services Supplemental Funding
Expanded Services (ES) supplemental funds support increased access to preventive and primary health care services at existing Health Center Program award recipients sites.
Expanded Services Program Requirements
- Award recipients must use at least 80% of the Expanded Services funding to increase capacity to provide one or more of the following eligible services:
- Medical services;
- Oral health services;
- Behavioral health services;
- Pharmacy services; and/or
- Vision services.
- Award recipients may use no more than 20% of the Expanded Services funding to increase the availability of new and/or existing enabling services.
Award recipients may increase access to primary health care services for underserved populations with this funding through:
- Expanded service hours;
- Increased numbers of staff/providers;
- Increased availability of eligible services; and/or
- Enhanced enabling services.
Technical Assistance Resources
- FY 2015 Expanded Services (ES) Technical Assistance Webinar Recording | Presentation (PDF - 563 KB) | June 30, 2015
- ES Application User Guide (PDF - 2 MB)
- Sample ES Budget Justification (PDF - 154 KB)
- Uniform Data System (UDS) Resources
- HHS Grants Policy Statement (PDF - 2 MB)
Sample Expanded Services Application Forms
- SF-424 Budget Information Form (PDF - 84 KB)
- Federal Budget Information Table (PDF - 741 KB)
- Federal Object Class Categories Form (PDF - 107 KB)
- Staffing Impact Form (PDF - 110 KB)
- Patient Impact Form (PDF - 93 KB)
- Project Narrative (PDF - 103 KB)
- Summary Form (PDF - 142 KB)
- Equipment List (required only as applicable) (PDF - 91 KB)
This supplemental funding is authorized under section 330 of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act, as amended and supported by section 10503 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P.L. 111-148), as amended by the Healthcare and Education Reconciliation Act (P.L. 111-152), collectively referred to as the Affordable Care Act.
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in some of the file attachments. If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Last Reviewed: January 2017
Bureau of Primary Health Care
Office of Policy and Program Development
Office of Federal Assistance Management
Division of Grants Management Operations
EHB Application Assistance
Submit Web Request Form | 877-974-2742
HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHB) Registration and Help
Health Center Program Strategic Partnerships (PCAs and NCAs)
Sign up to receive the weekly Health Center Program Primary Health Care Digest
Track Your Grant Application