Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCN) Technical Assistance
FY 2019 Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCN) (HRSA-19-011) Technical Assistance
Access the FY 2019 HCCN Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) (PDF - 468 KB)
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCN) funding opportunity will increase health center participation in value-based care. Through leveraging health information technology (health IT), HCCNs will support health centers to:
- Enhance the patient and provider experience
- Advance interoperability
- Use data to enhance value
HRSA plans to award approximately $42 million to an estimated 50 HCCNs. This funding opportunity is authorized by Section 330(e)(1)(C) of the Public Health Service Act, as amended.
Who Can Apply
Applicants must be one of the following:
- A network (referred to as an HCCN) that is at least majority controlled and, as applicable, at least majority owned by Health Center Program award recipients (i.e., the majority of the governing board members are Health Center Program award recipients); or
- A current Health Center Program award recipient, funded for at least the 2 consecutive preceding years, applying on behalf of an HCCN.
See Section III-1 of the notice of funding opportunity (NOFO) for complete eligibility information.
How to Apply
HCCN applications require a two-phase submission process.
Phase 1 - Grants.gov: must be completed and successfully submitted to Grants.gov by 11:59 pm ET on January 3, 2019.
- Go to Grants.gov and search for HRSA-19-011 using the funding opportunity number field. Under Actions, click Preview, then Download Instructions to access the NOFO or click Apply to login and apply online.
- See the NOFO (PDF - 468 KB) and the HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide for instructions on how to submit in Grants.gov.
Phase 2 - HRSA EHB: must be completed and successfully submitted by 5 p.m. ET on January 29, 2019.
- Go to HRSA EHB and log in with the instructions and EHB tracking number sent by email. See the NOFO (PDF - 484 KB) and the HRSA HCCN Applicant EHB User Guide (PDF - 2 MB) for instructions on how to submit in HRSA EHB.
Technical Assistance Resources
- FY 2019 HCCN Applicant Technical Assistance Presentation (Recording)
- FY 2019 HCCN Applicant Technical Assistance Presentation Slides – (PDF - 1 MB)
- FY 2019 HCCN Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – (PDF - 320 KB)
- HRSA SF-424 Two-Tier Application Guide (PDF - 518 KB)
- FY 2019 HCCN EHB User Guide – (PDF - 2 MB)
- HHS Grants Policy Statement (PDF - 2 MB)
- HRSA Patient-Centered Medical/Health Home (PCMHH) Initiative
- HRSA Scoring Rubric
Program Specific Attachments, Forms, and Samples
- Budget Presentation Samples
- Project Work Plan Sample – (PDF - 158 KB)
- Goals and Objectives Development Guide – (PDF - 100 KB)
- Staffing Plan Sample – (PDF - 75 KB)
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Department of Health and Human Services
- International Organization for Standardization
- Health Level Seven® International
- National Association of Community Health Centers
Resources for Goals and Objectives
- FY 2019 HCCN Goals and Objectives (NOFO Appendix A) – Coming Soon
- Federal Resources on SMART Objectives:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Develop SMART Objectives and Developing Program Goals and Measurable Objectives (PDF – 208 KB)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Writing SMART Objectives
- Uniform Data System (UDS) Clinical Quality Measures and Related Healthy People 2020 Goals (PDF - 107 KB)
- Health Center Data and Reporting for information on the UDS, the reporting system for Health Center Program performance measures, and patient data
HCCN NOFO Information
HCCN Response Team HRSA, Bureau of Primary Health Care Office of Program and Policy Development, 301-594-4300, or contact Health Center Program Support. When completing the online request, select “Applicant,” then “Health Center.” For Issue Type, select “Applications,” and for Issue Sub-Type select “Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCN).”
Christie Walker HRSA, Office of Federal Assistance Management Division of Grants Management Operations (301) 443-7742 or email@example.com
HRSA EHB Application and Account Access Assistance
877-464-4772 or contact Health Center Program Support and for Issue Type select “Application/Progress Report: EHB Systems Questions”