2021 and 2022 SVP: Summary of Updates
HRSA updated the SVP in 2021 to improve current oversight processes and timeline. The updates provide on-site reviewers and HRSA with documentation necessary to assess compliance and additional clarity within several questions and methodologies. In 2022, HRSA made minor general changes throughout the SVP to improve consistency. The 2022 updates do not significantly alter or disrupt the way that site visits are conducted. View a summary of the SVP updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions on the Site Visit Protocol? View Frequently Asked Questions.
Site Visit Tools
SVP tools to assist health centers prepare for a site visit:
- Health Center Self-Assessment Worksheet for Form 5A: Services Provided (PDF - 1 MB)
- Examples of Credentialing and Privileging Documentation
- Operational Site Visit Documents Provided by HRSA
- Consolidated Documents Checklist (PDF - 547 KB)
- Operational Site Visit (OSV) Exit Conference Tracking Resource (PDF - 367 KB)
- The Operational Site Visit (OSV): Answers to commonly asked questions (Video)
- Onsite Interviews and Interactions
- Sampling Review Resource Guide
Additional tools are added as they become available.
Virtual OSV Supplement
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, HRSA/BPHC implemented the use of technology to conduct virtual site assessments. As the pandemic continues, HRSA/BPHC continues to conduct site assessments virtually through virtual Operational Site Visits (vOSV). To support the continuation of virtual site visits, HRSA developed virtual site visit supplements to the Site Visit Protocol (SVP) to help health centers and Look-alike Initial Designation applicants preparing for virtual site assessments. Virtual site assessments will be conducted using the SVP and the information in these supplements.
- Supplement to the Health Center Program Site Visit Protocol: Guidelines and Logistics for Virtual Operational Site Visits
- Supplement to Health Center Program Site Visit Protocol: Guidelines and Logistics for Virtual HRSA/BPHC Look-Alike Initial Designation Visits
Health Center Program Compliance Manual
HRSA’s Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC) is responsible for effective and efficient oversight of the Health Center Program. This includes ensuring that health centers are compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements for the Health Center Program. The Health Center Program Compliance Manual is the principal resource to assist health centers in understanding and demonstrating compliance with Health Center Program requirements. View the Health Center Program Compliance Manual.
Progressive Action Conditions Library
Health centers that fail to demonstrate compliance as described in the Health Center Program Compliance Manual will receive a condition of award/designation. The Health Center Program uses a standard set of conditions outlined in the Progressive Action Conditions Library that describes how health centers can demonstrate compliance with health center program requirements. View the Progressive Action Conditions Library.
Archived Site Visit Protocol
Need to access an archive copy of the Site Visit Protocol that was effective May 2021 to May 2022? Submit a request through Health Center Program Support, and select Issue Type: “Compliance Manual.”